as of last 2 days I've been experiencing cloudy vision

Dr. Shyam B. Kale

Posted on Sun, 31 Mar 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: as of last 2 days I've been experiencing cloudy vision eyes feeling pressure and I panic. scared of going blind. I'm currently on thyroxine suffer vestibular migraine. aneamic bit never had this before. had an mri in 2015 and and eye check may 2018. I'm scared. could it be a stroke.
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may not stroke. It may be due to migraine.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern. At first site, I think it may not be stroke. It may be due to migraine.

Let me know whether do you have dizziness, nausea, headache, ringing sensation in ear? Are you taking any medications for migraine? What was your latest TSH level? Kindly follow up with detailed history.

For that you can take tablet paracetamol 650 mg now, if still not feeling better, you may require tab. rizatriptan after physician consultation.

Along with that avoid loud noise, bright light, sweeteners, chocolate and stress. Take proper sleep and do relaxing exercises regularly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.

Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Shyam B. Kale 14 minutes later
it's the second time this gas ever happened. no migraine meds as i am too scared and last tsh was 2.9. i always have dozziness bad anxiety and nausea and have chronic tinnitus last 2 yrs.
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is more likely due to migraine.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your reply.

Last TSH level is 2.9 which is absolutely normal. As per your detailed history, I think it is more likely due to migraine as you have other associated symptoms.

Kindly follow the treatment plan as mentioned in previous answer after physician consultation. He may advise tab. Vasograine in case of repeated migraine attacks. Avoid trigger factors as mentioned earlier to prevent repeated attacks.

Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.
Follow up: Dr. Shyam B. Kale 8 minutes later
I suffer from vestibular migraine. I've never had this before. like cloudy. if my eye test was normal should I be worried? also what if it diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eye test may be normal even you have migraine

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your reply.

Along with cloudy vision all other symptoms indicate that it is more likely to be migraine. So kindly take treatment for the same as advised. It may recur at any time so try to avoid trigger foods and conditions.

I think your eye test will be normal even though you have migraine. What was your sugar levels? Are you diabetic? If yes then follow up with fasting and postprandial sugar levels. By looking other symptoms, it may not be due to diabetes. Kindly follow up with detailed history.

Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj