question-icon

am pregnant and 31 weeks now. Am a hypo thyroid

Posted on Fri, 22 Mar 2019
Question: am pregnant and 31 weeks now. Am a hypo thyroid patient for now and doctor said in furure it wont effect aftr delivery. Every month am visiting the doctor with Tsh report. since begining its the same dosage but 1 day exception from 4th month and 2 days exception from 5th month of pregnancy. Now my value is 2.04 in third trimister. Doctor is far and it would take 1 min discussion. Can i skip and continue the same dosage?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Continue same dosage...

Detailed Answer:

TSH value of 2.04 is under ideal limits. I would treat you with the same dosage of thyroid supplement as you been taking for now.

Hope this answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad