am married 5 months ago and are not thinking for

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2019 in Pregnancy
Question: am married 5 months ago and are not thinking for family planning now. Query: I am getting my menses early from past 2 months. This month I got it after 20days of last menses and last month I got after 23days instead of my regular cycles of 30days. I would like to know if it's a sign of concern.if so, what could be the reasons behind it. I also suspect if eating papaya can be one of the reason for my early menses. please let me know if it can be so. Also please suggest on how I can get back to my regular cycles.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to environmental and dietary changes.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
You are having shorter cycles for last two months, This can happen due to stress, environmental and hormonal changes, travelling, fasting and dietary changes. Eating too much of papaya can also cause this. You can wait for one cycle more and see if the duration of cycle improves with dietary changes. Avoid hot and spicy or non vegetarian foods and papaya.
In case the problem persists then you may have to start with hormonal pills after consulting your gynecologist to regularize your cycles.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D