am a 62yr old male, developed brief episode of chills,
recently began flecainide and eliquis for rapid bpm,
diet has been limited to water, garorade (diluted), bananas,aplesauce. am hungry but fear of loose stool is preventing me from eating and besides nit sure wha to eat.
chills and sweating has stopped
any help would be great
May be due to infection.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I can understand your concern. As you have recently started with tab. Flecainide, so in some studies it is seen that chills, sweating, vomiting and diarrhea are side effects of this medicine. But these are not so common and long lasting.
so on first thought, I think it may be due to viral or bacterial infection. Do you have fever, abdominal pain, history of eating food from outside, raw chicken etc? Kindly follow up with detailed history. In that case kindly do stool examination, complete haemogram, ultrasound abdomen after physician consultation.
In diet you can take banana, soft rice, yogurt, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, toast, apple, soft cooked cereals. Avoid milk products, raw vegetables, citrous foods, coffee, processed and fast food. Keep your self hydrated by taking water, juices. You can take probiotic support which help to speedy recovery.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.
Dr Shyam Kale
Family and general physician.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?