all the details of the problem are given in the

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 26 Mar 2019 in Women's Health
Question: all the details of the problem are given in the attachments. serum beta hcg level being 0.52 is it positive or negative for pregnancy please confim
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Negative for pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
There are no reports attached with this query. You can upload the reports in the box provided on the right hand side of this page.
The beta hcg level at 0.52 is too low and is not indicative of pregnancy. No need to worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for answering this query.. i have got my wedding soon and i have to postpone my periods for atleast 3 weeks due to many ceremonies at home. could you please suggest correct medication to postpome my period
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Periods can be delayed for 1-2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
To delay your periods for a few days, synthetic progesterone preparations are recommended like medroxyprogesterone acetate which should be started at least five days before the expected date of your periods as these medicines take at least 72 hours to produce their complete effect. These can delay your periods for 2 weeks only.
You need to continue these tablets until the date for which you want your periods to be postponed.
I would advise you to consult your gynecologist who after ruling out all the contraindicating factors will prescribe you the agent best for you.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T