after you remove your thyroid , how long does it
I need some more information
I need some more information.
1.Whether Thyroid is removed Completely or Partially?
2.When was the Surgery done?
3.What is the Indication for Surgery?
If the Thyroid is removed partially as we do in many benign disorders, hormone production will not be much affected.
If it is removed completely, Thyroid profile should be done after surgery and the hormones can be given as Thyroxine tablets.Dosage and duration depends on the Regular Thyroid profile tests.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Body will utilise Thyroxine tablet
As you have taken Thyroxine tablet immediately after surgery,there will be no deficiency..
Function of the Natural hormone and Hormone tablet are same.
As entire Thyroid gland is removed, circulation of Natural Hormone will come down after surgery. Exact duration is not given in Medical literature.It varies from person to person.In few,it may come down immediately.In few persons,it may be circulating for few weeks in the blood.
Regular blood test results will confirm.
As you have taken Thyroxine tablet, nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having watery mucus in stools. Taking probiotic for gas and bloating....
- Had enlarged lymph node on thigh. Reason for pain in middle back and...
- Hernia surgery done. Having pain in leg while walking. How long will it...
- Itching, burning sensation and pain in anal area. Related to stomach...
- Got hit on head. Big lump appeared. No dizziness or memory loss. Worried...
- Feeling nauseous and abdominal pain after gall bladder removal. What...
- Having cough and sore throat. Can I consume herbalife f1 shake, tea and...
- Diarrhea and weight loss after operation. Not cured by medicine. How to...
- Having chest pain. Taking pan-d. ECG normal. What is causing this and cure?
- Had stent put in leg. Having discomfort in calf, pain and swelling in...