about 4 months ago my left foot began swelling on
by up to about half.
It's a cold winter here so not much outdoor hiking (& walking) so the condition remains static.
About 8 yrs ago i had a spinal fusion, which seemed to be quite a success
with the exception that in moving and sorting the spinal area nerve bundle at the site of the procedure caused unusual nerve responses at my left ankle and foot; not so though with my right ankle foot. The surgeon assured me back then that would "sort itself out" in a few days or weeks. that has not come to pass! This may or may not be related to
this subsequent swelling issue ????
Could have multiple reasons, unlikely to be related to spinal fusion.
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through the details and in my opinion this swelling has nothing to do with 8 yrs old spinal fusion.
most common cause for this condition would be varicose veins . Other common cause for this dependent edema could be cardiac decompensation , kidney disease or generalised weakness.
I suggest a consultation with your family physician who will try to diagnose and refer you accordingly.
Self medication is not recommended since that may have side effects.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?