about 3 to 4 hours ago i started feeling a
may be due to viral infection
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Sore throat and ear pain are usually related to a viral infection affecting the respiratory tract.
It may be due to the cold or , in more severe cases, due to the flu virus (would have aches and pains in muscles/joints, lethargy, headache etc)
Sore throat can sometimes be due to bacterial infection with strep (strep throat). In that case, a fever is present (lasting at least 3 days or more ), no improvement with throat pain over 2 to 3 days or worsening
Ear infection can be due to a bacterial infection of the ear.
If a bacterial infection of the ear or throat is present, then you would need a course of antibiotics.
If your symptoms are worsening or the pain is severe, this means that it may be bacterial and you would need to be seen by your doctor to be assessed.
In terms of the numbness and tingling of the lip, this can sometimes occur with viral infections because the immune system is impaired since it is trying to fight another infection.
It can sometimes be due to cold sore acting up, if you have a previous history of cold sore.
If there is no history of a cold sore then you can monitor to see if any changes occur.
I hope this helps , feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?