a few days ago my throat was hurting slightly and
You may need antibiotics
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your photo is suggestive of bronchitis. Blood stained sputum is a common phenomenon. Nothing to worry.
If this doesnot resolve in 10 days, you may need a short course of amoxycillin-calvulanate antibiotic.
Also take anti-allergic medicine and paracetamol on as needed basis.
Ear popping probem maybe due to clocked eustachian tube.
Chest X ray can be done to rule out lung infection.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
You can check your local pharmacy for ear drops that contain Benzocaine (local anaesthetic). Moxifloxacin ear drops can help with any ear infection. You may need a written prescription for Moxifloxacin. Or you can get an ear drop for swimmer's ear.
Your ear pain will relieve when throat congestion is relieved. Steam inhalation can be helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breathlessness, dizziness. Have PVCs. When do you know they are causing...
- Having abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. On antitubercular...
- Baby started teething. Diet plan to increase weight?
- Having protected sex. Started spotting before period. Taking midol for...
- Broke my distal fibula. On elavil for cold feet. Having sensory nerve...
- Took regestrone for hyperplacia. Again started with irregular and heavy...
- Taking SN-15 for bad throat. Having speaking difficulty. Prescribed...
- What is the normal penis size in flaccid and erect state?
- Have itching on the penis, premature ejaculation and erectile...
- Taking lupron. Feeling weak and started sweating. What is the underlying...