Yes ... my daughter had a C-section on Dec .

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Yes ... my daughter had a C-section on Dec. 11, 2018 ... she developed a wound infection ... she has had the wound opened 3 times & was hospitalized for 4 days for wound care & treatment with IV antibiotics ... she was sent home with a Pic line in ... she is home bound ... a nurse comes daily to do wound care & IV antiobiotics currently she is being treated with Ceftriax 1 ... her wound drainage is yellow & green ... her most recent culture indicate that she has ...Corynbacterium striatum ...

What is the best course of treatment for this ???
She has been miserable and does not seem to be responding to this antibiotic ... on Monday it is 3 months since she delivered her baby ...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Active infection needs to be controlled.

Detailed Answer:
The infection in her wound is persistent and since there is a daily discharge of yellowish green color it means higher antibiotics like tazobactaum and piperacillin are needed to control the infection. The best antibiotic can be selected after a culture sensitivity report.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T