Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Xray showed fibrosis and clear lungs and pleural spaces. Can you tell me how severe this is?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Had an xray that said I had some linear bands of probable fibrosis in the left lateral CP angle . Otherwise lungs and plueral spaces clear , Cna you tell me the severity of this ? I am 57
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Fibrotic bands with lung spaces being clear and no symptom being present does not seem to be a cause of concern.

Sometimes Old Tubercular infection can present as linear fibrotic bands and resolves with time
Even in long time smokers this can be a normal presentation.

You can consider discussing with your Physician regarding CT scan,Lung function tests which would help in ruling out any possibility of chest issues.

If there would have been other symptoms as breathlessness,chest pain then it would require attention.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor