Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

X-ray showed moderate disc space narrowing and degerative change at C5-6. No evidence of glenohumeral joint

User rating for this question
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
Hi orthopaedic surgeon for joint repleisment can you please go on may medical history already sent urlier for general doctor and tell me your opinion regarding same may feture or what should i do ?? Thank you!
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 3 days later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The problems which you have mentioned (shoulder and disc) are recurring problems and they need proper management by an orthopedic surgeon. If the problem persists, a surgery can also be contemplated.
Getting multiple injections of cortisone are not healthy. They do have side effects and their efficacy reduces with time. There is no harm in getting regular physiotherapy done. It helps in keeping the muscles in shape.

My advise would be to consult a good orthopedic surgeon and consider surgery if the problem is not getting controlled by medicines.

I hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor