X-ray showed few calcified nodules. Blood test showed high uric acid level. Any complication?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Hi doctor,
Recently done a master health check-up.
My x-ray says tiny Calcific density foci seen in rt paracardiac region - ? sequale to old granulomatous infection.....No focal lesion seen in lung field...cardiac size is normal , CP angles and spices clear...
Blood test says
Haemoglobin : 11.9 gm/dl
Red cell absolute values : MCV (63.19 fl) & MCH (20.66 picograms)
ESR count 30 mm/hr
SGPT/ALT : 64.0 IU / L
Serum Uric Acid : 8.1 mg/dl
Should there be any mild complication in above results ?? Dietary recommendation if any ??
I'm 38yrs Old male : 83kgs and 180 cms
Appreciate right suggestions.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later

Welcome XXXXXXX. Thanks for writing in.

Few calcified nodules or densities are very non specific finding in Indian sub-continent. It may be due to old infections which has calcification or just as a sequel to pollutants. Grossly your chest xrays doesn't show any pathology.

Your blood investigation are also normal except for uric acid level. Normal value falls between 3 to 7. It may possibly be due to over built as you have a good height and weight. Let me know if you are taking any protein supplements. In that case uric acid may be high.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi Doctor

Thanks for your reply and feel much relieved.

But quite surprise on my Blood ESR count which was 30 mm/hr (can this be due to the stress factor of TMT test I did the same day).....

2) Yes....Uric acid is 8.2 which is a bit high ....can you suggest dietary changes and supplements to counter this

3) after mt TMT test - doctor advised me as normal exercise body...he advised me to take one regular activity....

Regards / XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later

ESR can be raised in any stressful activity. Therefore the stress factor of TMT test may be related.

You do not any supplements or dietary changes to decrease uric acid level. If you are already on any protein supplements, you should stop it.

In the complete scenario, you seem to be healthy and fit person.

Thanking you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ganesh Sanap 5 hours later
Sir

Thank you for the kind advise. Great moral boost for me. Was a bit pondering over the results.

SGPT/ALT : 64.0 IU / L - Is this normal ?? Do you recommend to re-do this specific test after 2 weeks (or) should I just forget everything and be happy the way.

Cheers / XXXXXXX

Welcome back again.

You can repeat after this particular test after 2 month. It can usually go to this level without any liver damage. So there is no need to worry. Forget everything and enjoy your life.

Regards.