Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Wrenched shoulders, extremely sore knees, ankles, wrists, shoulders and having muscular pain. What to do?

Jul 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 2148 Questions
Hi Doctor.
Perhaps you can help.
5-6 months ago I wrenched both of my shoulders. Thought everything was fine. Then 2-3 weeks later I managed to shock myself pretty good with 220v. Since then something jointly or muscularly painful has been happening. Seems something on the left side of my body will be extremely sore knees, ankles, wrists, shoulders and presently my groin muscles. It will start feelin better then I will wake up the next morning the pain will have moved to the opposite ankle, wrist or whatever.
It all really hurts. Any ideas? What shall I do?

Thanks XXXX
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need an Orthopedic surgeon consultation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

This is just to let you know that the symptoms due to eletrical shock will manifest immediately in the form of skin burns over the limbs (which is very common). Late effects (after 3-4 months, as in your case) are unlikely. Also, electrical shock more often affects the muscles, resulting in their damage (rhabdomyolysis). If this muscle damage is very severe, it may lead to renal (kidney) damage. So, inorder to assess the severity of muscle damage, one has to undergo CREATINE PHOSPHO KINASE (CPK) enzyme blood estimations. Elevated CPK levels indicates muscle injury.

I personally feel that your symptoms are no way related to the Electrical shock you have received 3-4 months back. I suspect, all your symptoms may to due to Inflammatory Polyarthralgia, for which the causes are many. A detailed clinical examination and appropriate Investigations are necessary to establish a possible diagnosis of your condition.

I suggest you to consult an Orthopedic surgeon for an evaluation and further management.

Hope I have addressed your query. Happy to help further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor