Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Wrenched shoulders. Having severe pain and soreness. Groin muscle feels sore and painful. What can be the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10454 Questions
hi Doctor,

5-6 months ago I wrenched my sholders very hard. 3 weeks later or so, feelin better, I shocked myself pretty good with 220v. since then, I can't seem to get rid of severe pain/soreness. one day my knee or ankle or wrist and presently my groin muscle will be extremely sore the pain will subside only to move to the opposite side of my body to the same body part.

Any ideas?n
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to the electric shock.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
The intermittent pain in the muscles and joints that you are having could be due to the electric shock that you had. It can cause a nerve damage causing such pains.
The other causes of such pains can be electrolyte imbalance, muscle spasm, myositis, Vitamin B 12 deficiency, thyroid hormone imbalance, etc.
In case the pains are persistent, it is best to get a few blood tests done under the guidance of your physician for proper diagnosis.
Till then start taking Vitamin B 12 supplements and see if the symptoms improve.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Wrenched shoulders. Having severe pain and soreness. Groin muscle feels sore and painful. What can be the cause? 9 hours later
Hi Dr. Tayal

Thank you. Curious, Im between insurance. Do you know anybody in LA who could do those tests and perhaps take payments? I am employed and I have just sent my insurance paperwork in. I would really like to try and nip this in the bud a soon as possible.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will have to ask your physician for this.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry I do not personally know about any such physicians in LA as I am from India. You will have to consult your general physician or ask a colleague for the same.
Till then do start taking methylcobalamin supplements.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor