Wrenched shoulders. Having severe pain and soreness. Groin muscle feels sore and painful. What can be the cause?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi Doctor,

5-6 months ago I wrenched my sholders very hard. 3 weeks later or so, feelin better, I shocked myself pretty good with 220v. since then, I can't seem to get rid of severe pain/soreness. one day my knee or ankle or wrist and presently my groin muscle will be extremely sore the pain will subside only to move to the opposite side of my body to the same body part.

Any ideas?n
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to the electric shock.

Detailed Answer:
The intermittent pain in the muscles and joints that you are having could be due to the electric shock that you had. It can cause a nerve damage causing such pains.
The other causes of such pains can be electrolyte imbalance, muscle spasm, myositis, Vitamin B 12 deficiency, thyroid hormone imbalance, etc.
In case the pains are persistent, it is best to get a few blood tests done under the guidance of your physician for proper diagnosis.
Till then start taking Vitamin B 12 supplements and see if the symptoms improve.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Hi Dr. Tayal

Thank you. Curious, Im between insurance. Do you know anybody in LA who could do those tests and perhaps take payments? I am employed and I have just sent my insurance paperwork in. I would really like to try and nip this in the bud a soon as possible.

Thank you
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You will have to ask your physician for this.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry I do not personally know about any such physicians in LA as I am from India. You will have to consult your general physician or ask a colleague for the same.
Till then do start taking methylcobalamin supplements.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.