Would triple antibiotic ointment help treat strep or staph infection?
Oral antibiotics and topical antibacterial ointment.
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have taken note of your query and I have understood it.
Sores are most likely a bacterial skin infection.
If I was the treating doctor I would also suggest you to take an Oral antibiotic for a week.
My choice of an oral antibacterial would be either Amoxycillin 500 mg Or Cephalexin 500 mg, three times a day, for a week.
Oral antibiotics would help resolve the infection faster. Oral antibiotics are prescription drugs and therefore I suggest that you talk to your doctor for the needful.
Topically you may use an Over the counter, topical antibacterial e.g 2% Mupirocin ointment, twice daily for a week.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will cipro treat staph infection
- Does azithromycin treat staph infections
- Strep throat staph infection
- Staph infection toothpaste
- What antibiotics treat staph infections
- Does augmentin treat staph infection
- Treating cervical staph infection
- Staph infections from chemotherapy
- Staph infection how to treat
- Human strep or staph infections from animals
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body