Would skipping Lopressor dosage for two days cause adverse effects?

Posted on Mon, 25 Sep 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I forgot to pick up my prescription of Lopressor and won't be able to get it until Tuesday because of the holiday. I take it twice a day and ran out tonight. Will 2 days without the medication be a risk for me?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Monitor your blood pressure and report values to me!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened. Two days wouldn't cause too much problems. I will suggest you monitor your blood pressure thrice daily and report values for guidance is need be.

I hope this guides and reassures. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah