Would skin whitening medication containing Glutathione and Vitamin C components delay menstruation?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello doctor I just want to know whether if we use skin whitening tablets weather our periods will delay because of it? Glutathione 500mg and vitamin c 1000mg enough for one day as I have brownish XXXXXXX skin..and what happens to our skin if we stop taking glutathione tablets..after if we stop it out skin looks like aged one?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
These tablets won't delay periods.

Detailed Answer:

Skin whitening tablets containing Glutathione and Vitamin C won't delay your periods.

The results of the tablets last for about 6 months to 1 year after stopping it.

After that, your skin won't look aged but it will definitely return back to its original skin color.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Thank you so much doctor..and I just want to know wether 500mg glutathione and 1000mg vitamin c is sufficient for a day? And are there any side effects of consuming these? Like wether it damages anything? Wether they are safe? How much long we have to take the tablets inorder to become fair
Brief Answer:
Welcome...

Detailed Answer:

Yes, the usual dose of Glutathione is 500 mg to 1000 mg per day. You can start with Glutathione 500 mg.

It is safe. There are no side effects encountered with them.

You need to take these tablets for 5-6 months to see significant results in your complexion.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney, Dermatologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng