question-icon

Would oral sex and sexual activity lead to contraction of HIV?

Posted on Wed, 13 Jan 2021
Question: Hi.. I would like to know will mouth kiss and blowjob leads to HIV?

A girl gave a blowjob to me and we kissed each other. If she is affected by HIV, is there a chance to get it transmitted to me?

Please clear my doubt.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
HIV does not transmit from saliva

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query carefully. According to your description, there are nil chances of transmitting HIV virus from body secretions like saliva. Saliva, tear, urine, spits, vomiting, nasal waste do not have HIV virus and therefore not able to transmit the same. Even if HIV is present, then the concentration is so low that it is not able to transmit the virus. Moreover the status of HIV is unknown in the girl. So there are 50% chances that she maybe infected by HIV. HIV is such a friable and sensitive virus that it becomes dead as soon as it comes in contact with air.

So kindly be assured that there is no risk of infection in your case.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj (31 minutes later)
Thanks for your reply.

Before this case, I'm not infected wid HIV and I'm sure of it. I'm really worried about this case so I want to clarify it.

Do I have to get it checked with doctor?

If so, what is the specific specialist that I have to approach and what is the specific test that I have to do?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj (13 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
There is no need to get checked

Detailed Answer:
Hi again
Thanks for reverting back with doubts.

There is no need to get checked as there is negligible risk.

I don't know how much time has passed since the exposure. You can get checked with the test HIV pro viral DNA PCR test at any reputed NABL accredited lab.
If you wish to approach a specialist, then infectious disease specialist or HIV-specialist can be consulted.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj (6 hours later)
Hi.. Thanks for the reply.

Before a week, I got exposed to blow job and mouth kiss. Now I'm suffering from mild fever which makes me really nervous.

Please let me know the solution.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj (15 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Mild fever is most commonly due to sore throat etc. In your case also its something harmless. With kissing etc there is exchange of germs present in mouth that can result in temporary fever. Mostly our immunity deals with it.

But to settle your nerves, You can get the HIV test recommended above. Alongwith you can get an STD panel done that will include test for herpes, chlamydia and syphilis. Also get a complete blood count done. If these are negative, then be assured that nothing serious.

Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj