Would having oats and a lowering cholesterol daily increase gamma gt and alt?
Was also having a lemon drink with breakfast hopind to flush the liver.
Also does chocolate and stress increase the levels
My levels had dropped last month.
Had some family health issues that where distressing in that month.
My levels have again increased.
Also will Milk Thistle help.
Will have another test in a month
I have had this problem for about 2 years.
Has never been in range in that time but has dropped and gone back up.
I do not drink alcohol but I do weigh 94kgs
I do not take any other medication.
But I do use Chai seeds daily.
I have found this keeps my blood pressure down.
When I use the drugs to correct this the levels go haywire.
My cholestrol is 6.2
Again if I use any drugs to lower my Liver results again rise.
That is why I use the Chai seeds
My levels at the moment are gamma gt 290 alt 56
Isee that you mention your weight as 94 kgs. but
We don't have your height. You also tell us that you have had
the abnormal liver tets for two years or more.I am glad that we
can rule out alcohol or drug abuse as causing abnormal liver
tests. I am not sure if you have had screening tests for Hepatitis
B or C.It is very important to rule these out.As for eating oats XXXXXXX
trying to reduce your cholesterol levels, that is not causing your
liver enzymes to go up.Eating Chai tea product also will not make
your liver tests to be abnormal.
Have you had your gallbladder sonogrwm to rule out gallstones?
As for Milk Thistle, studies have been not very convincing as to
the benefits, but no adverse effects are reported and a few studies
in patients with Hep-C, that may have some benefits.
If you are indeed overweight and have elevated liver enzymes,
along with elevated triglycerides and blood sugar, you may have
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.This needs to be addressed.
Hope you can work with this information.
Wish you well.
Ihats when they found that I have had glandular fever at sometime.
My gallbladder was removed some years ago.
I am only 5foot 4 inches in height
My blood sugars are OK too
I do have an appoitment with a specialist in 2 months but was trying to correct the problem before then.
I am glad that your Hepatitis tests were negative.
You do need to lose weight since fatty liver is
associated with this.
I would advice you to start taking vitamin
supplement, Super B-Complex once a day
and also Vit-E 800 units once a day.
Regular walking three times a week along
with a low fat, high protein diet will be helpful.
Wish you the very best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having difficult bowel movement with blood after eating pasta....
- Getting side effects after taking taking naprosyon sr 750. Getting...
- On vitamin tablets for mouth ulcers. What should be done to prevent it?
- Started drinking infrequently. Liver scan, blood and urine test done....
- Have homogeneous texture in liver, echogenic focal lesion in right lobe....
- Have normal alt of 29 and high ast of 71. Is it possible to lower this...
- Feeling weakness after eating or working. Body getting numb and...
- Have chronic diarrhea, malabsorption, narrowing of the esophagus,white...
- Having sinus infection and sore throat. On medication. Started...
- Suffering from diarrhoea ,constipation and abdominal pains. Have rosacea...