Would consultation with an orthopedic specialist be appropriate while receiving chiropractic treatment?

Question
I have been attending therapy with a chiropractor for about 6 treatments for a pinched nerve along with spinal stenosis. Should I change a go to an orthopedic center for other observation? It seems as though after 6 weeks, I am not getting any better.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
should definitely consider, along with physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

I agree that you should use pain medication as necessary and avoid use of the strong ones unless really needed.

In terms of seeing an orthopedic specialist or attending a center, this should definitely be considered as well as attending physiotherapy.
There are some orthopedic offices that may have a physiotherapist on staff.

By strengthening surrounding muscles in the back and also demonstrating stretching exercises as well, the physio , may be able to help with pain relief

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions