Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Would consultation with an orthopedic specialist be appropriate while receiving chiropractic treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 15276 Questions
I have been attending therapy with a chiropractor for about 6 treatments for a pinched nerve along with spinal stenosis. Should I change a go to an orthopedic center for other observation? It seems as though after 6 weeks, I am not getting any better.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
should definitely consider, along with physiotherapy

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

I agree that you should use pain medication as necessary and avoid use of the strong ones unless really needed.

In terms of seeing an orthopedic specialist or attending a center, this should definitely be considered as well as attending physiotherapy.
There are some orthopedic offices that may have a physiotherapist on staff.

By strengthening surrounding muscles in the back and also demonstrating stretching exercises as well, the physio , may be able to help with pain relief

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor