Would a pregnancy survive after accidentally taking Mifepristone?
we consulted a near by family physician and was suggested to administer susten 200 mg injection within 4 hrs and we got it administered , please let me know if there is any chance of sustaining the pregnancy , and if the pregnancy sustains will there be any abnormalities for the baby due to this
Fetus can survive
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Mifegest 200 is mifepristone.
It has all or none effect on the fetus.
It either kills the fetus and stop the further pregnancy growth, or there is no effect on the fetus and pregnancy at all.
So, there is a possibility that the fetus survives after taking mifepristone.
The risk of anomalies after taking mifepristone alone is low and a detailed anomaly scan is advised at 18-20 weeks to rule out any major congenital anomaly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stillborn after taking mifepristone
- Smoking weed after taking mifepristone
- Scanty bleeding after taking mifepristone
- How to take mifepristone and misoprost tablets to terminate pregnancy
- Does taking mifepristone tablet affect pregnancy
- Chances of fetus surviving after taking mifepristone
- Effects of weed after taking mifepristone
- Chances of fetus survival after mifepristone
- Keeping baby after taking mifepristone
- No cramps after taking mifepristone is it normal?
- What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...
- What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
- What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?
- What causes dizziness after having Percocet?
- What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?
- What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...
- What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?
- What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?
- What are the different methods of safe abortion?