Would Prilosec cause side effects after long term use?
Reassure yourself and Manage Stress
Thanks for writing in
Long term safety of Prilosec has been established so I would suggest you continue with that and manage your stress levels
Endoscopy if eight years old would be recommended
The chances of Malignancy and Barrets Esophagus are there but not that common apart from the fact that all literature on the net is not authentic
Follow these tips for GERD :
1] Avoid spicy, fermented meals
2] Do not have heavy meals
3] Avoid smoking and alcohol
4] Wear loose clothes
5] Do not stoop
6] Do not lift heavy weights
7] Raise the head end of your bed
8] If Obese lose weight
9] If under stress - Manage stress levels by meditation and exercise
Apple cider vinegar etc are forms of antacids only and any antacid would help in your symptoms of GERD
Hope this helps
DO write back in case of concern
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of long term acitrom use
- Side effects of long term use of zolfresh
- What is long term side effects using ciplactin
- Side effects of long term use of chymoral
- Benforce m side effects long term use
- Clome long term use side effects
- Side effects of using montec lc for long term
- Side effects of long term use of deviry
- Long term use of skinlite cream side effects
- What are the long-term side effects of taking prilosec
- Bruised temple, has caused numbness in that area. Serious?
- Experiencing testicular pain, no lumps, fluctuating, discomfort when...
- Is abdominal cramps a symptom of diarrhea?
- Blood on stool, back pain, testicular pain, lump on anus, abdominal...
- Weight loss, constipation with dark stools. Bad eating habits. Symptoms...
- Chills and fever, swelling on lymph nodes. Liver and spleen mildly...
- Pain in legs, collar bones, irregular bowel movement and unsatisfied...
- Child having fever and back pain after falling from bed, swollen spot on...
- Dealing with domestic violence, appendix erupted. Is it due to violence?
- Itchy anus, no pain. Neither zinc cream nor hemorrhoid cream worked. Any...