Would I need another tetanus shot after an injury while playing despite getting one a fortnight back?
If you had a tetanus shot 15 days ago there is no need for a new one .
If you have had a tetanus shot 15 days ago,there is no need for a new one.
A tetanus shot is effective for more than 3 months.
The effectiveness of tetanus shot is 6 months If you had a wound so you are fully protected,don't worry.
Some advices that I can give to you are :
-clean the wound with water and keep it dry
-use hydrogen peroxide for disinfection
-apply a prescribed antibiotic ointment
-use a sterile bandage to cover it
Hope my answer was helpful.
If you have further queries feel free to contact me again.
General &Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Arm tremors after back injury
- Frequent urination after back injury
- Peeing blood after a back injury
- Hair grow back after injury
- Treatment for lower back pain injury while playing basketball
- Shaky feeling in back after injury
- Excessive sweating after back injury
- Delayed bruising after a back injury
- Knot in back after injury
- Bruise back after injury