Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
not magnesium , probably its frusamide and/or aldactone causing low sodium
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor'service , thanks fro trusting us to ask your question here , i have read your question and here is my advice.
It is very unlikely for magnesium sulphate to cause low sodium, in fact it does not cause low sodium.
however , the drugs you are taking , lasix and aldactone . both can cause low sodium, and it very common with either of them to cause low sodium ,so it appear to me that this is because of the lasix and/or spirranolactone that your sodium is low .its common with these drugs, and may be not a serious concern untill very much or if symptomatic .
If its just 7 below normal , and you are not feeling unwell , I would advise you should just reduce taking fluid, reducing fluid most of the times would normalize the sodium , however if its problematic or you feel unwell then you should talk to your doc, as he may think to reduce dose of your drugs that causing this low sodium.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol