Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Worm in urine. Pain in penis with bleeding. Need suggestion

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9346 Questions
i just urinated and noticed a worm (I think it was a worm) in the toilet afterwards. It was thin, dark in colour, pointy on 1 end and about 2 inches in length. My penis hurt slightly afterwards and there was bleeding for about 10 minutes afterwards. I am very concerned- what do you recommend?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Parasite and worm infections of bladder and urinary system are possible but it is very rare,especially in developed countries. So I am not sure if this was a worm from your urinary system. it could have been worm in toilet from before or more common some urinary stone, blood coagulum, pus or so called "cylinders" form your ureter/kidneys which may indicate urinary infection.
In every case you should do urine analysis and basic blood work and it will show if there is any abnormality.If this is worm,it is usually easily treated by 14 days of antiparasite medicines,and bacterial infections are even more easily treated so you dont have to be concerned
Till you do tests,just drink plenty of fluids and uroprotective(cranbberies for example) teas. if you notice worm again,fever or pain in kidneys visit doctor ASAP.
Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor