Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Working in night shifts and skipping zoloft. Experiencing anxiety attacks, chest pain and headache

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1115 Questions
My son is 30 yrs old.He has a full time job workimg nights. He is married with a 4 year old daughter.He is taking 25 mg of Zoloft which he ofton skips doses. He also has trouble sleeping,is tired all the time,usually eats one meal a day,smokes,drinks, has anxiety attacks, ocassional chest pains and headaches
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Depression-Anxiety Detailed Answer: Hello, Delighted to be able to help. Full time job working nights, smoke, drink habits of life of your son are XXXXXXX to your health.By you refer, your child has symptoms of anxiety and depression. In think instance, I were to be his treating doctor, I would follow these advice: 1.-Work less hours a day and avoid smoking and drinking. 2.-Continue taking Sertraline every day but at a higher dose (50 mg per day). 3.- Take an anxiolytic drug for improve anxiety and sleep problems,for example Alprazolam 0.25 mg thrice a day (Taking Sertraline and an anxiolytic is totally contraindicated drinking alcohol, the combination can be very dangerous). 4.-Your child should go,as soon as possible, to a psychiatrist for be seen and for prescription of the mentioned drugs. With changes in their habits of life, taking the medication and avoiding smoking and drinking, their physical and psychic health will improve. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor