Working in night shifts and skipping zoloft. Experiencing anxiety attacks, chest pain and headache

Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz

Posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Question: My son is 30 yrs old.He has a full time job workimg nights. He is married with a 4 year old daughter.He is taking 25 mg of Zoloft which he ofton skips doses. He also has trouble sleeping,is tired all the time,usually eats one meal a day,smokes,drinks, has anxiety attacks, ocassional chest pains and headaches
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Depression-Anxiety Detailed Answer: Hello, Delighted to be able to help. Full time job working nights, smoke, drink habits of life of your son are XXXXXXX to your health.By you refer, your child has symptoms of anxiety and depression. In think instance, I were to be his treating doctor, I would follow these advice: 1.-Work less hours a day and avoid smoking and drinking. 2.-Continue taking Sertraline every day but at a higher dose (50 mg per day). 3.- Take an anxiolytic drug for improve anxiety and sleep problems,for example Alprazolam 0.25 mg thrice a day (Taking Sertraline and an anxiolytic is totally contraindicated drinking alcohol, the combination can be very dangerous). 4.-Your child should go,as soon as possible, to a psychiatrist for be seen and for prescription of the mentioned drugs. With changes in their habits of life, taking the medication and avoiding smoking and drinking, their physical and psychic health will improve. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer. I wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad