Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Woman unable to conceive a child. Causes and treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 158 Questions
i want to know that why i am not concieving.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 6 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

For conception to occur, few things are must. In male, sperm count, motility and morphology. In female ovaries shold be producing egg and rupturing it, tubes should be open and uterus should be ready to bear a pregnancy.

From your history with DMPA inj in past and variation in menstrual cycle, there is a possibility of ovaries not producing egg properly.

If that is the case, you should have serial ultrasounds for follicle monitoring from day 8 of cycle. Secondly, you had two MTPs in past, to rule out tubal block you should have HSG (hysterosalpingography test) from day 5 to day 10 of cycle.

Consult your local doctor who will help you in getting these tests done. Since you are planning pregnancy start taking Folic acid tab (5 mg) once a day to prevent congenital anomalies in the baby.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor