Wolff parkinson white syndrome,crushing chest pain,stinging pain in left arm,chest,buttocks,leg

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am 38 year old mother of 4 , grandmother of 3. Several years ago I was diagnosed with wpw. I have been having crusshing chest pain and very painful stinging in my left arm, chest, buttocks andd leg. I must admit that I am starting to worry. What could be causing this

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query,

The fact that you are worrying is completely understandable. Yes you are a young female but I still must strongly urge you to discuss these symptoms with your cardiologist as soon as possible.

As far as what could be contributing to the symptoms, this may include irregular heart rhythms or less likely a narrowing of one of the arteries which supplies blood to your heart. Anxiety and stress can trigger these symptoms as well but I don't want to dismiss your symptoms as purely psychological in origin without being sure you have had a complete workup.

I suggest you contact your doctor and he or she may request you come in for labs or an EKG. A portable monitor can sometimes be worn and you can record your heart rhythm especially when you are having the painful episodes.

Again, please see your physician or speak to your physician or cardiologist soon.

I hope I have provided you with some useful information here. I wish you continued optimal health. I am available for your followups.