Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Wolff parkinson white syndrome,crushing chest pain,stinging pain in left arm,chest,buttocks,leg

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I am 38 year old mother of 4 , grandmother of 3. Several years ago I was diagnosed with wpw. I have been having crusshing chest pain and very painful stinging in my left arm, chest, buttocks andd leg. I must admit that I am starting to worry. What could be causing this

Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later

Thanks for your query,

The fact that you are worrying is completely understandable. Yes you are a young female but I still must strongly urge you to discuss these symptoms with your cardiologist as soon as possible.

As far as what could be contributing to the symptoms, this may include irregular heart rhythms or less likely a narrowing of one of the arteries which supplies blood to your heart. Anxiety and stress can trigger these symptoms as well but I don't want to dismiss your symptoms as purely psychological in origin without being sure you have had a complete workup.

I suggest you contact your doctor and he or she may request you come in for labs or an EKG. A portable monitor can sometimes be worn and you can record your heart rhythm especially when you are having the painful episodes.

Again, please see your physician or speak to your physician or cardiologist soon.

I hope I have provided you with some useful information here. I wish you continued optimal health. I am available for your followups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor