Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

With reference to the laparoscopic report can I conceive naturally and what are the reasons for having tubal blockages?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Its been 2 years of marriage. and I am trying to conceive since one year. After 6 months i was diagnosed with PCOD. Tool medicine for that for 4 months, ovulation happened but did not conceive.Then i went for laproscopic surgery. Doc told me that my both tubes were blocked and they have opened it now. The laproscopic report says that blockage was in the isthmus area. They have sent the sample for TB PCR test but the report has not come till now. Also in the surgery report it is written no evidence of endometriosos or tb and both the tubes are normal looking but it is written that uterus is congested. Anteverted. Doc i am really tensed whether i'll be able to conceive now or not? Are their chances that i might have tb? what is the procedure for its cure? and what are the reasons for having tubal blockages as in my case? Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: TB Detailed Answer: Hi 1. In india TB is a common cause of infertility due to tubal blockage and endometrial damage. So in your case 2. So it is good that your doctor has sent fot testing. If it comes positive you will have to take 6 months anti TB treatment. 3. If tubes have been opened now please get HSG test to confirm after 2 months as there are possibilities of them getting blocked again. 4. If tubes remain patent in HSG report you can try for pregnancy naturally. If not IVF ( test tube baby) will be only way to conceive in blocked tubes. I hope your doubt is cleared. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF& Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor