Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

With partner who is having vasectomy. Trying to conceive. What are the available options?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I was sterilised three years ago while having my third child. He tragically died when he was two and I am now with a new partner who has had a vasectomy. We are desperate to have a child. Are there any options available to us?

Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

In your case, both of you can consider undergoing reversal surgeries. That is recanalization surgery post the tubectomy and vasectomy. It depends on the type of method used to sterilize both of you. Again, the earlier the procedure is reversed, the better is the outcome.

First, clinical evaluation and few investigations would be needed to know if both of you are fit for such surgery and to predict the possible outcome of surgery.

A good skilled surgeon can help in your case. With help of your Primary physician, you get referral to such doctor.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask, if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor