Wisdom teeth growing with severe pain. Any remedy?

Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain

Dentist, Prosthodontics

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Question: My cousin started getting lower wisdom teeth and suffering from pain due to this.
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 21 hours later

Pain and sometimes even mild swelling may occur due to the wisdom teeth eruption. The solution to that is either extraction of the wisdom teeth or operculectomy. This happens as food gets lodged in the area of wisdom teeth resulting in infection and pain.

Till your cousin can visit a dentist, he/she should do warm saline gargles 3-4 times per day, as they'll help. The dentist will start with antibiotics and pain killers and take an x-ray to decide the treatment plan.

If there are any more queries, I'll be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E