Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

148 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Will you have skin rash with Losartan?

Mar 2017
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1528 Questions
Good morning Dr's, i visited my cardiologist yesterday and he happy with my numbers
i asked him about a concern i have with Losartan and skin rashes/raw nipples and he indicated that he never heard of such a thing
he also said to discontinue for a while to see if there are any improvements in the rashes and raw nipples
my question today long should it take to see the improvements if the losartan is the cause

Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that your doctor is right as there us no such documented side effects associated with the use of Losartan.

However if you still feel it's because of it then you can discontinue the medicine for 3 to 4 days to see if the rash subsides. By this time you have to keep an eye on bp by regular monitoring.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Will you have skin rash with Losartan? 32 minutes later
thank you sir...and i plan on monitoring my bp everyday twice a day
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
It's a been helping someone in need.

In future if you want my opinion then don't forget to mention my name in your question.

Kindly close the discussion and rate the answer.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist