Will yeast infection affect IVF implantation?
Go ahead with embryo transfer
I understand your concerns about yeast infection.
Yeast infection affects vagina and perineal skin and not inside of uterus.
Hence you can safely go ahead with frozen embryo transfer.
Yeast infection will not reduce pregnancy chances. Don't worry about it.
All the best for your embryo transfer.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Infection wont be pushed in
Don't use any medicines including monistat as it might affect embryos.
Cervix is cleaned neatly before embryo transfer and hence no chance of pushing yeast infection into uterus.
You can try this cycle
Using Monistat won't harm. Don't worry.
If you are concerned, you can postpone your embryo transfer to next cycle. It won't harm.
Let me know if you need any more help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Primolut n and yeast infection
- Yeast infection during egg implant
- Vaginal yeast infection pericarditis
- Yeast infections related to pregnancy
- Pregnant can an yeast infection affect the fetus
- Does oxyelite pro affect yeast infection medications
- Yeast infection brown discharge
- Steroid cream for yeast infections
- Bacterial infection or yeast infection
- Urinary infection and yeast infection
- Have l 5 injuries. Had three IVF pregnancies, failed. Is i 5 injury the...
- How fertyl m works for men having very low sperm count?
- Increasing follicle size. Need trigger shot for ovulation?
- Pregnant. Had tender breasts and felt queasy. But, symptoms stopped and...
- Took enema with enema kit. Some amount left. Is there any reason for...
- Period delayed. How to take mtpill and mitoprost?
- Can I ask to be sedated so that I can relax and get through the exam...
- Pain in throat, jumping eye lid, pain in chest, stabbing pain in...
- Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What...
- On adderall. Can it result in nagging dull pain below rib cage?