Will the presence of a cleft lip hamper speaking in a child?
Only She speak Mama and baba, we are trying to teach her many wards but still she can't do that.
As she born with Cleft Lip and palate....will it affect her speaking?
When She Start Speaking properly?
I have observed my nephew of the same age she can speak lots but my baby can't.
Please suggest me what to do.
Please get her cleft palate and cleft lip surgery done and speech therapy
Hi.... I understand your concern. Cleft palate and lip can definitely cause delayed speech.
I suggest you go ahead with cleft lip and cleft palate surgery as soon as possible and then definitely she will need speech therapy too.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?