Will taking Toprol have any side effects?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am taking Enalapiri. Developed a dry cough, two episodes facial swelling, then was switched to Norvasc, Now I experience severe episodes of coughing, an extremely widespread itchy rash, an loss of normal taste now I am told to switch to Toprol and have resisted. Your opinion please. I do have Diabetes 2 and am 90 yrs old.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consider switching, please!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these adverse symptoms that you have witnessed on these medications. For sure they are severe enough to warrant a switch. I will not feel comfortable refilling this medication for my client after knowing that she develops such terrible and frightening symptoms after taking the drug.

It is rather unfortunate but, the friendly drug for you have not been identified. Please, accept trying a new drug in the hope that it may be able to control your disease condition without causing these annoying and unfriendly symptoms.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.