Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Will sunban forte cream cause allergy if used in chlorine water?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12686 Questions
Hi Dr,

I have purchased the Sunban Forte Cream in order to use it before getting into swimming pool. I need the instruction about how to use. After using it will it cause any allergy after due to chlorine water?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
To avoid suntan while swimming, you need to use a water resistant or water proof sunscreen. You can use a full body lycra swimsuit to avoid the tanning.
You can apply it before getting into the swimming pool and it is likely to provide you protection for upto 40 minutes.
You need to take a small skin test by applying it behind your ear one day before actually using it in the swimming pool.
It is not likely to react with the chlorine of the pool water and produce allergic symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Will sunban forte cream cause allergy if used in chlorine water? 13 hours later
Thank You Doctor!! One more question " Is suntanning due to swimming permanent or temporary. I mean if I leave swimming my skin will be back to normal or will it stay the same forever.". How long it will take to get my skin color back to normal?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The suntanning is a temporary response of the skin cells which produce excessive pigmentation. The normal skin color returns in 6-8 weeks.
You can do dermabrasion or weekly skin scrubbing to decrease the time to recovery.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor