Will silver nitrate help in treating psoriasis? Permanent cure?
Thanks for your query.
Psoriasis is a chronic ,autoimmune proliferative disorder of skin.
The disease can be very well controlled but it cannot be cured completely.
Silver nitrate will not help much in psoriasis and its not harmful also.
Treatment of psoriasis depends on type of disease ,extent of psoriasis , skin surface area involvement ,age etc.
Treatment consists of Topical steroids, salicylic acid, calcipotriol ,tacrolimus creams etc.
Phototherapy either UVA/UVB is extremely safe and effective treatment of psoriasis.
Systemic drugs like Methotrexate ,Acetretin , cyclosporine ,azathioprine are immunosuppressants which work very well when given in correct dosage with appropriate monitoring with blood and other tests.
Recently newer advanced drugs called biologicals are available viz. adalimumab, etanercept are available which are very much effective in controlling psoriasis.
It would be great if you could upload more pictures of the skin lesions (a close-up and distant view) using upload images section on the right. Alternatively, you can email them to me at YYYY@YYYY with the following subject ATTN to Dr Sudarshan.
you can discuss the above mentioned treatment options with your doctor.
On what medication you are and what kind of disease you have let me know.
Please do write back to me with the details so that I can guide you better.
Awaiting your response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treating pyrogenic frequency with silver nitrate
- Is permanent cure of psoriasis possible
- Is there any permanent cure for psoriasis
- Will evion 400 help me cure from psoriasis
- Permanent cure for psoriasis through siddha
- Suffer from plague psoriasis is there a permanent cure
- Fennel cure for psoriasis querie
- Ectropion treat with silver nitrate
- How venusia helps in curing psoriasis
- Will silver nitrate help in treating psoriasis permanent cure
- Should I take acetaminophen for fever, constipation and vomiting?
- What can I do to relieve skin rash?
- Bloating, incomplete evacuation, constipation, blood in stool, unable to...
- Does taking Jack3d supplement have any psychological side effects ?
- Are heavy snoring, shortness of breath with coughing and dry throat...
- Periods completed, spotting during sex, pain in back and abdomen....
- How is lichen planus pigmentosus treated ?
- Patiki eye rash on shin. Treatment?
- How is aspartyglucoseaminuria and rheumatoid arthritis treated ?
- Why is it hurting inside my pubic area?