Will loose stool lead to slow healing stitches or infection?

Nephrologist
Question
I had my hemmorhoid dilated n stiches on 15th july...on the fear of constipation i took cremafin which make me have a terrible stomach ache and loose motion. I have to go toilet two or three times a day which is very painful. will this problem create my stiches heal slow or cause infection? what medicine shall i take to stop loose motion? the doctor here is prescribing L-Cin C ( Cefpodoxime proxetil and Levofloxacin), Painkiller, rablet. I am allergic to ornidazole.
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
drug indiced loose stools

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It is common to have pain during defecation after hemorrhoid surgery. Cremaffin is usually given so that the stools are passed easily and without much straining.

Here is what I suggest to you

1. Reduce the dose of cremaffin. Only take it once you start feeling the stools are hard and difficult to pass
2. Continue to take Tab L-Cin C
3. Drink plenty of water. About 8 glasses per day
4. Eat two bananas to free passage of stools. Adding fibre to your diet in the form of green leafy vegetables and fruits will help as well

Do not worry about the stitches, your loose stools will not dislodge it or cause delayed healing

I hope I was of help

If you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery