Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

177 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Will it be safe to go for an orthodontic treatment for proper alignment of upper set of teeth?

Answered by
Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain

Dentist, Prosthodontics

Practicing since :1999

Answered : 176 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Question: I would like to go for an orthodontic treatment for proper alignment of my upper set of teeth.
I did for this kind of treatment when I was in my school days but it was not completed due to other issues.
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 54 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

The orthodontic treatment can be done almost at any age. As you have mentioned that your earlier treatment was not completed due to some reasons, you can always get it done now.

There should not be any complications. I would suggest that you visit an orthodontist with you x-rays i.e.: OPG (Orthopantogram) and Lat. Ceph which are required for treatment planning.

Hope this answer helps. If you have any more queries, do let us know.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 4 hours later

Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me what would be the cost of this kind of treatment? Where can I find this kind of treatment done in Bangalore?

Best regards,
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 18 hours later

Orthodontic treatment cost varies depending on the type of braces used i.e.: metal/ceramic. Metal ones are cheaper than ceramic.

Metal braces cost somewhere around 30-0000/- (approx) where as ceramic ones cost 45-0000/- (approx)

Cost varies from doctor to doctor as well depending on the experience and type of clinic.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at this link


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to

Recent questions on  Dental braces

doctor1 MD

I have a small lympe node in my neck. I have had it for sometime and my ENT noticed it again in my recent check-up. Has a Sono and waiting result. I have recently started with allergies and also stopped my Invisalign (clear braces) which I think was making me sick.

How would an ENT treat this? Can this be removed without surgery even if I've had it long term? I have no symptoms.

Note: I went to see my ENT for suppoedly Acid Reflux and this was noticed.

Thank you!

doctor1 MD

my son has been having diarrhea for about 1 year now since he had some teeth removed and a brace fitted. The diarrhea slowed down until just recently, he had to have some more teeth removed and this has caused him to keep having diarrhea after he has eaten something. He is 14 years old. When i was his age i had teeth remove but i did not ever get this problem.

doctor1 MD

I have braces and a piece of my wire came loose and was sticking out. I tried cutting the wire with wire clippers and a big piece of wire came out. I tried to cut it again because there was still a little piece of wire left and after cutting it i think i might have swallowed a piece of the wire. should i be worried?

doctor1 MD

Hi i am a 25 year old male, i have suffered from an acidic stomach and nausea for many years, if my stomach is empty i feel sick, and the the first meal i eat often causes stomach cramps and causes me to feel very sick.
Milk and cheese seem to cause diarrhea and I have had blood tests elliminating lactose intolerance??
My GP often puts it down to stress although i am slightly doubtful this is the cause.
I have recently had braces and now wear a removable orthodontic retainer, after wearing it overnight the retainer smells regardless of thoroughly cleaning prior to use.
I am concerned the retainer is causing bacteria growth, therefore also making me feel sick??

Please any Idea what is going on with my stomach, do i realy have to live with this the rest of my life??

doctor1 MD

I keep getting ingrown toenail on the big toe. When I get pedicure every 2weeks she digs it out and it feels ok for awhile. When I sleep if I am on my stomach the same toe throbs,and hurts. What should I do? Should I get pedicure more often?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have a red patch on my tongue with little white dot in the middle, it hurts like burning when I touch it. I have dental braces , and I've shown this to my dentist , he said, he will remove my braces next month and if it doesn't go away, he...

doctor1 MD

hi my daughter is 14 years old started menarche since 10 years old. she stopped growing and she is only 153 cm..... can she eat ashwaghanda powder or aswaghanda lehyam ? which is better > she has done some hormonal test everything is normal except...