Will intercourse during early pregnancy cause miscarriage?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, my colleague had undergone two abortions earlier and she is pregnant. However, she had intercourse with her husband even when doctor asked not to have. Will this lead to her miscarriage.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not related to miscarriage.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
An early pregnancy after an abortion can cause weakness in the mother and needs a regular monitoring and proper supplements by a gynecologist. However this is not a cause of recurrent abortion. No need to worry. Consult her gynecologist for proper supplements.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D