Will increasing dosage of Donepezil be helpful in treating Alzheimer's disease?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am entering the moderate phase of AZ. I am on 10 mg for 3 month. I feel I should be considering moving to 23 mg of Donepezil. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
After three months Donezepil dose may be increased.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using Healthcaremagic.com.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If your condition related to Alzheimer's is evaluated by your Neurologist as moderate to severe, Donezepil dose may be increased to 23 mg/day after three months of 10 mg/day.

Discuss with your Neurologist about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 59 minutes later
The UVA Medical Center provides a XXXXXXX dose of 10 mg of DONEPEZIL. My NERO
has left the Center for higher grounds. Present doctors have hands in pockets.
What is your thought?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a second opinion from a Neurologist.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

In such case, you should get a second opinion from an experienced Neurologist in the field of dementia.

Hope I helped you so far.

Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana