Will increasing dosage of Cialis be helpful?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I take 5mg Cialis daily. Will there be a more positive effect if i increase my dosage to a higher level ( 10,
15, 20 mg ) when I know I am going to have intercourse.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It dependa on your tolerability.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you to my virtual clinic HCM!
I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns.

It depends on the tolerability of the individual person.

I usually recommend the Tadalafil to my patients in one of the two patterns:

1. Once daily dosage:
started from 2.5mg per day, and seeing the effects and tolerability and seeing other drug interactions, can be increased to 5mg per day.

2. Before sexual intercourse dosage pattern:-
Given usually 5mg per event (before the intercourse). Can be increased to 20mg.

If you don't have blood pressure issues and not taking other drugs e.g antivirals and antifungals etc, don't have a heart issue, or comorbidities, yes you may take 10mg before the intercourse (but not on daily basis then as you are taking the 5mg dose daily).

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you in no time. If satisfied here, please give a generous five star rating and don't forget to close the discussion.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up after sometime regarding the treatment efficacy and to see any need to change the treatment options is very necessary. Keep a follow up some days after this visit session ends.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar