Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Will blockage in right sinus and heaviness in face cause a raised skull?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1113 Questions
Hello, I've got a problem that is starting to worry me. I usually wake up with my right sinus completely blocked and i feel heaviness in that side of my face (fullness, tiredness). The skin around my eye is also a lot darker than on my left side. I was also wondering If when left with this problem for over a year, can it cause the skull to become slightly raised? I feel as though someone is squeezing my nose a lot of the time with pressure on either side of the nose and above the right eye. I then sometimes feel a twisting motion. I will answer any questions thank you I would just like to add that i have no sneezing, coughing or runny nose.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Right Sinusitis Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query and medical history. It suggests that you may be suffering from the right sinusitis. For this disease, in our patient I advised--- 1. Nasal irrigation by normal saline through Neti Pot. 2. Steam Inhalation three times a day. 3. Nasal decongestant and systemic decongestant. For clear cut diagnosis and exclusion of the other disease you may go for the--- 1. CT scan of the paranasal sinuses. 2. Nasal endoscopy. 3. Consult with ENT specialist. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor