Will an abdominal tumor due to pancreatic cancer show up on an ultrasound scan?

Question
I have upper abdominal pain for 2 weeks. The first 2 days, I had diarrhea. Since then, constipation. I don't feel hungry; don't have the urge for bowel movements. Indigestion. I am scared that I have pancreatic cancer. My abdominal ultrasound came back normal. Just my my blood work (complete chemistry and CA - 19 for pancreatic cancer) done today. My mental health is 0 now because of the thought of having pancreatic cancer. Question is: if the abdominal pain is caused by pancreatic cancer, will the tumor show up on the ultrasound?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Pancreatic cancer is unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So the symptoms you described are not related to pancreatic cancer. It can be either due to acid peptic disease or sort of colitis or irritable bowel syndrome. Pancreatic cancer is associated with a deep seated dull umbilical or upper region pain radiating to back associated with weight loss. Moreover, pancreatic cancer occurs usually after the age of 60 years. Ultrasound is however a poor modality to check it.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Will an abdominal tumor due to pancreatic cancer show up on an ultrasound scan? 1 hour later
1. Should I have an MRI (I don't want CT due to radiation) done just rule out pancreatic cancer?
2. Is Endoscopic Ultrasound more accurate than MRI in detecting pancreatic cancer and is it more expensive than MRI?
3. Besides waiting for the blood test results, what can I do to relieve the pain?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. Endoscopic ultrasound is more sensitive

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Endoscopic ultrasound is more sensitive. Cost of both will be nearly same. You can take antacids and antispasmodic drugs like pantocid and buscopan for pain. Drink plenty of fluids.
Thanks and regards

Follow-up: Will an abdominal tumor due to pancreatic cancer show up on an ultrasound scan? 20 hours later
Thank you Dr for your replies. Which specialist doctor (GI?) can perform Endoscopy Ultrasound?

Brief Answer:
Hello. Gastroenterologist usually perform

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. Gastroenterologist usually perform such procedures.
Thanks and Thanks and