Will a combination of Prednisone and levaquine and Finasteride cause any interactions?

Posted on Thu, 4 Jun 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: will a combination of prendisone and leviquin and finestaride cause reactions one being inconstanince?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No significant interaction,can be used together.No relation to incontinence

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Prednisone with levaquine has minor interaction and its use together has benefits which out weight the adverse effects which is more likelihood of tendinitis or tendon rupture.

Prednisone also reduces the effect of finasteride by reducing cytochrome p 450 CYP3A enzyme stimulation. An interaction innocuous and not to worry about.

Nut shell, there is no harm in using these medications together and they has nothing to do with incontinence. So use them as prescribed and no worries.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan