question-icon

Will Zenpep interfere with effectiveness of Cefdinir?

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015
Question: I have pneumonia and I take Zenpep after meals now I am on Cefdinir 300 mg. will Zenpep interfere with the the antibiotic working?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No documented interaction is present; you can take

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. I understand that you want to know if there is any drug-drug interaction between zenpep & cefdinir. There is no documented interaction between these two so you can take them together. One thing i would suggest you is to observe closely while taking them together. If after 1-2 doses no problem occurs then feel free to take BUT if you observe any discomfort(like itching or rash) then don't take together at same time. Rare interaction may occur because everybody has unique nature and varies from one individual to another.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf