Will Tylenol 3 show positive for Codeine in a drug test?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi there, If I took at a Tylenol 3 (havent taken them in weeks) Wednesday night, around 11:30pm.. And I Have a pre work drug test on Monday at 4:00pm will codeine be out of my system?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Relax, you will have cleared it well before the test

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Tylenol 3 contains 30 mg codeine. Half life of codeine is 4 hours XXXXXXX i.e it takes 4 hours time for half of the drug to be eliminated.

Yes, by the above consideration , there will be no codeine in your system when you take the drug test.

Let me know if you have any query

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil