Will Naltrexone show up in a drug test?

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015 in General Health
Question: My son started taking naltrexone today can this show up in a store bought drug test as an opiate?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Naltrexone is sued to reverse the effects of opioids. It cannot show up as opiates in urine testing as most of it is eliminated in the same form. Even if this were detected in a drug test, as loo as he has a valid medical prescription for this, there is nothing to be afraid of. It becomes a problem when you obtain and use it illegally.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah