Will Cephalexin help cure dermatitis?
Regarding Cephalexin for dermatitis
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Steroids, either topical or oral, are specifically used to treat dermatitis. Cephalexin is an oral antibiotic and though it may help with the bacterial superinfection that usually accompanies acute dermatitis - oozing and crusting but it is not a specific remedy for dermatitis. It is a co-prescription along with topical or oral steroids.
In addition, oral antihistamines e.g tab. Cetrizine or tab. Loratadine is also part of prescription of dermatitis. They help with the itch that usually accompanies dermatitis.
Image not received
You may attach a photo in "Reports Section" or you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention :Dr kakkar.
Kindly contact customer care service of HealthcareMagic for assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to completely cure dermatitis of both hands
- Hgh to cure dermatitis
- Stasis dermatitis cure ' ayurveda "
- Seborrheic dermatitis real cure
- Cure seborrheic dermatitis face
- Seborrheic dermatitis cure
- Mycoderm powder cures dermatitis
- Can topicort cure dermatitis?
- Shiitake dermatitis cure antihistamin
- Can dexamethasone intensol cure dermatitis, contact ?
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body